Perge, the place where most of the statues that are on display in Antalya Museum were unearthed. An important city of ancient Parnphylia, originally settled by the Hittites around 1500 BC. St. Paul visited Perge on his first missionary journey.
The theater stage has finely carved marble reliefs, and other carvings from around the city are displayed in the stadium. Amateur archaeologists will want to see the handsome city gate flanked by two lofty towers, a long colonnaded road once paved with mosaics and lined with shops, a large agora, the public baths and a gymnasium.
Next proceed to Aspendos, which bears one of the best preserved Roman theaters in Anatolia. After lunch by the river, visit Manavgat Waterfalls before continuing to Kursunlu Waterfalls.
Side is one of the best-known classical sites in Turkey. It was an ancient harbor whose name meant pomegranate. Today a pretty resort town, its ancient ruins, two sandy beaches, numerous shops and extensive tourist accommodation attract hundreds of visitors. The magnificent theater of the ancient city, built on colonnaded arches, is the largest in the whole area. Other monuments include the Agora, the Temple of Apollo, which is situated near the sea, a fountain and Necropolis. The extensive Roman baths, now a museum, houses one of Turkey’s finest archaeological collections.
After some free time on your own in Side, you will drop back to your hotel.
08:00 Early in morning pick up from your hotel, depart for full day tour.
- Side is one of the best classical ancient cities in Turkey Aspendos Ancient Theatre.
- Aspendos is the best preserved and the most complete example of a Roman theatre in Turkey.
- Perge Ancient City. Perge was once the capital city of the Pamphylia region. During your visit, you will be able to see The Stadium, Roman Gate, Nymphaeum, Roman Bath, Hellenistic Gate, The Column Street and The State Agora.
- Kursunlu Waterfalls 18 km from Antalya are two more places of superb natural beauty.
17:00 After tour transfer back to your hotel.
• All admission fees,
• Professional English speaking guidance,